Rewilding Europe Foundation
Name of ANBI
Stichting Rewilding Europe
Chamber of Commerce number
6525 ED Nijmegen
Rewilding Europe Board Protocol.
- Sabine Hoefnagel (Chair a.i.)
- Lena M Lindén (Member)
- Aleksandrina Leonidova Mitseva (Member)
- Jens-Christian Svenning (Member)
- Charlie Burrell (Member)
Rewilding Europe Supervisory Board Terms of Reference.
Objective of the foundation
According to the statutes, ‘’Rewilding Europe Foundation has the objective of, in particular but not exclusively, stimulating (having stimulated), in association with local organisations, the return and expansion of wild nature and wildlife in Europe, as well the stimulation of nature and landscape development, on the basis of natural processes and for the benefit of society.’’
Limited liability company
Foundation Rewilding Europe is the sole owner of the limited liability company Rewilding Europe B.V. Rewilding Europe B.V. was founded and registered in the Netherlands in 2011 and serves as an incubator and holding company to pilot and develop new business concepts that support the mission of the Foundation and have a chance to become profitable.
The limited company is meant to be a risk-mitigating and funding mechanism, supporting the work of the Foundation. The management responsibility and governance of the limited company are statutorily linked to the Foundation, as its sole beneficiary, owner and director.
Rewilding Europe B.V. is the sole owner of three limited liability companies:
- Rewilding Europe Capital B.V. was founded and registered in the Netherlands in 2017 and provides medium and long-term loans to small and medium-sized enterprises that have a positive impact on rewilding activities in the rewilding landscapes, either by creating employment, attracting tourists, or stimulating local economic development, contributing to developing the necessary buy-in from the population in and directly outside the rewilding landscapes.
- Rewilding Climate Solutions B.V. was founded and registered in the Netherlands in 2022 and aims to make rewilding a financially competitive land use demonstrating that rewilding is investable and enables restoration on a large scale. The company will, among others, develop and sell carbon credits.
- Rewilding Assets B.V. was founded and registered in the Netherlands in 2022 and aims to hold ownership of land that will be rewilded.
Any profits derived from the limited liability companies shall be channelled entirely to rewilding activities in line with the mission of the Foundation.
The members of the Supervisory Board of Rewilding Europe do not receive any remuneration, neither directly nor indirectly, for the activities they carry out. They are, however, entitled to reimbursement of the costs incurred by them within the performance of their position and approved by the executive board. These reimbursements are made clear and are further elucidated in the annual report. The reward for directors and other employees is determined by the Supervisory Board in accordance with guidelines of the Goede Doelen Nederland.
Rewilding Europe’s plan
Detailed information is available in the Strategic Plan of Rewilding Europe Foundation, as approved by the Supervisory Board in November 2021. An overview of main carried out activities per year can be found in our annual achievements overview.
Code of conduct
Rewilding Europe expects all of its managers, employees, team members and local partner organisations to act in accordance with the Code of Conduct.
Rewilding Europe’s Annual Review includes the financial annual report, yearly financial statements are published on the website.
We are aware that the carbon footprint of travel is substantial and that staff travel contributes to increased greenhouse gases in the atmosphere. Rewilding Europe, therefore, applies a Travel Policy to minimise and mitigate emissions. Our staff is encouraged to choose train travel as an alternative to flying.